Monday, August 29, 2011

Law or faith?

    LAW OR FAITH?



Are you working under the law for God’s promises? Or believing by faith?

Our natural carnal mind wants to do everything on it’s own with out the spirit of God flowing through us- so we do things on our own. That’s because in America you have to work for everything in the natural. I know for me, I had to work for everything in my life so far. I had to put in long tedious hours for the things I wanted. I never had anything handed to me or had a break in my life. I had a mentality growing up with the “law of Moses” meaning everything that everything had to be perfect and if it wasn’t something would happen..

Here is a bible verse to go with it:
Romans 4:4&5When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.”
After seeing that verse I had to remember that I was a daughter of Christ and that I didn’t have to work for the promises of God- but that I just had to believe in Faith that they would come to pass.

Lets look at the story of Abraham back in the book of Genesis 22 and see how story was similar.  God told Abraham to use his son Isaac as a burn offering to the Lord. So Abraham obeyed God, and traveled for three days to the spot where God wanted him to sacrifice his son. Abraham built an alter where God wanted him to build one- and did everything he was told. Just as he was ready to kill his son Isaac an angel of the Lord came down and told Abraham to stop and not to kill his son. So then after a ram appeared and they used that as a sacrifice instead.
So you’re thinking why did I just tell you all this and what does it have to do with anything. God asked Abraham to do this task to see how much faith He had and if he would obey the Lord 100% and he did so he got his promise.

Genesis 22:17&18 “ I will certainly bless you. I will multiply your descendants beyond number, like the stars in the sky and the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will conquer the cities of their enemies. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed—all because you have obeyed me.” (Great nation, Land promise, and seed promise.)
So if we continually strive and work for something on our own then what’s the point of having a relationship with Christ? If we are going to strive then faith is not necessary..
Romans 4:14 “If God’s promise is only for those who obey the law, then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless.” Romans 4:16So the promise is received by faith. It is given as a free gift. And we are all certain to receive it, whether or not we live according to the Law of Moses, if we have faith like Abraham’s. For Abraham is the father of all who believe.” If we have faith we receive just as Abraham!

Abraham had so much faith knowing that God was His God and everything that He promised would come to pass. So with out a doubt that’s why Abraham is the father of our faith. Romans 4:20 “Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.”

So what do we do with we have been faithless in God
Hosea 14:4 “The Lord says, Then I will heal you of your faithlessness, my love will know no bounds, for my anger will be gone forever.” So what does this mean for us?
"That God wants to hell our faithlessness and freely love us.  Why? Because He can and it pleases Him. God always loves us. He may not always love everything we do, but He does love us. His love is unconditional. It is love based on Him, not on us, we recieve gods love with out deserving it. God’s unconditional love is the power that forgives our sings, heals our emotional wounds, and mends our broken hearts psalms 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.”


So everything about God is just “Yes and Amen” you just need to have the faith to believe that Gods promises will come to pass. If they can come to pass in Abrahams life, they can come to pass into yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment